In the past few months, I’ve been trying to mix up the foods i make since I make the same 5 meals over and over again. So, I’m going to try a new recipe every week (usually something I’ve found on Pinterest or another blog), try it out, and let you know how it goes! This week I decided to try making fried rice.
Originally I found the recipe here. I will say though, the directions and ingredients are vague so I kinda made it my own.
You will need:
- 2 cups of COOKED, COLD rice
- 2 eggs, fried
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup peas (can use frozen)
- 2-3 large carrots, cut (I used about 10 baby carrots and cut those up)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Make ahead: rice (cold rice works best for this recipe) and fried eggs (also best cold)
- In a large saute pan, heat butter, onions, carrots, peas, salt, pepper, and garlic until veggies are soft – around 5 minutes.
- Add in cold rice and soy sauce.
- Heat until veggies and rice begin to brown, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add in fried eggs, mixing well.
- Eat and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe out and how it turns out! Happy Friday!