I’m just going to come right out and say this – this was not very good. I’m not sure if I made it wrong or if I just don’t like the dish itself, but it sounded like something I would love! I mean cheese and tater tots – what’s not to love!?
I’m pretty disappointed that I didn’t like my new dish this week, but oh well you can’t win them all. I originally found the recipe on Pinterest here. I followed the recipe pretty well except I used turkey sausage instead of pork and almond milk instead of cream. This may have been when things went terribly wrong.
I’m not going to bother giving you my version of the recipe since mine turned out so bad. If you want to give it a go, follow the recipe from the above link. And please let me know if your is actually good! Here are some pictures of the cheesy tot making process.
Hoping for a better meal for next week’s Friday food!
In the past few months, I’ve been trying to mix up the foods i make since I make the same 5 meals over and over again. So, I’m going to try a new recipe every week (usually something I’ve found on Pinterest or another blog), try it out, and let you know how it goes! This week I decided to try making fried rice.
Originally I found the recipe here. I will say though, the directions and ingredients are vague so I kinda made it my own.
You will need:
- 2 cups of COOKED, COLD rice
- 2 eggs, fried
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup peas (can use frozen)
- 2-3 large carrots, cut (I used about 10 baby carrots and cut those up)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Make ahead: rice (cold rice works best for this recipe) and fried eggs (also best cold)
- In a large saute pan, heat butter, onions, carrots, peas, salt, pepper, and garlic until veggies are soft – around 5 minutes.
- Add in cold rice and soy sauce.
- Heat until veggies and rice begin to brown, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add in fried eggs, mixing well.
- Eat and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe out and how it turns out! Happy Friday!