I love watching other people’s vlogs. There’s just something about seeing what other people do in their day-to-day lives that intrigues me. With that being said, I’m trying to get into vlogging more (or at least doing more “My Day” type blog posts). This post and video was a way to get my toes wet. I filmed it while no one else was around and I only did it for a short amount of time. Still, I did it! Hopefully there will be more to come!
In the video, I am making dinner which I mention is a blog post already. You can find my sausage and veggies recipe here.
If you’d like to see what I get up to in the evenings after work, check out my video here!
What does your evening routine look like?
I’m always looking for fun tags to try on my YouTube channel – I mean who doesn’t love getting made up and then talking about themselves in front of a camera!? Usually I just Google “Fun tags” or something unoriginal like that. BUT, this one I actually found on one of my favorite YouTuber’s channel – Zoella. You can find her video here! I thought this had some good questions and I had a lot of fun filming this video – more fun than usual!
Here are some links and other channels I mention in the video:
Zoella’s original video: http://bit.ly/2FNlFGl
My first video: http://bit.ly/2CUEyUv
My vlog: http://bit.ly/2F7r9dD
Jaclyn Hill’s Channel: http://bit.ly/1jsP2hk
Emily Norris’ Channel: http://bit.ly/2HYmtZH
In my recent blog post (here) I listed and talked about some new products I had picked up from the drug store, as well as Colour Pop. I tried a few of these products out right away, but I saved some of them to try for the first time on camera. Here are my thoughts and review on these products!
With 2017 coming to a close in just a few hours, I thought I would write my goals down for 2018 as a way to make myself more accountable. I’d also love to know what your goals are! Is 2018 going to be your year!? I hope so!
My Personal Goals:
- Work out more (the goal everyone else has) – This is not original by any means but I really would like to try to workout more. I’ve already started this by getting a skiing season pass. Let me tell you, I was SORE after my first night skiing! I would feel accomplished if I skied (or played kickball etc.) once a week, and then one other day of the week went to the gym or did an at-home workout.
- Spend less money on food – I got into a bad habit of eating out or ordering out this past year. Not only is this less healthy, but it’s become expensive. I could be saving more money or spending it on other things (makeup…).This is a goal that I’ll have to work on with my boyfriend as well.
My Blogging/YouTube Goals:
- Post one blog post a week for each of my three categories (life, beauty, and food). That’s 3 blog posts a week! I never even considered the fact that I could post once a week in each category until someone suggested it in a blogging group on Facebook. It seems so obvious! To help myself plan out my posts I will be using a planner that I created. It will be available for FREE on tomorrow’s post!
- Post a video on my YouTube channel (Here) once a week. I’m not going to restrict myself to a certain day of the week (for example every Monday) for posting, but I think that once a week is a goal I can accomplish.
My Usborne Books and More Goal:
- Host a party at least once a month. I don’t expect this to be a ludicrous side hustle and I’m not putting in enough work to make it one. However, I enjoy the books and the company and I like hosting parties so I will continue to make this a regular goal in 2018.
And that’s it! I think it’s important to be reasonable about the number of goals you set for yourself. Too many and you’ll just get overwhelmed. Too few and you won’t be motivated. This seems like a good amount for me and I am hopeful that I will reach these goals! What are your goals for 2018?
I’ve recently gotten into subscription boxes (I know I’m a little late) and the first one I ordered was Kindergarten Crate! This subscription box is $40 a month and automatically renews. If you order for multiple months, then the price per month decreases.
I got my box at the end of October and it was themed for November and Thanksgiving. Included in this month’s box was:
- Wooden Story Blocks
- Ticonderoga Golf Pencils
- Word Strips
- Fuzzy Socks
- “The Thankful Book” and lesson to go along
If you want to get the box for next month, you can find that here.
I made a video that goes into detail about this month’s box. Make sure to check it out and let me know if this is something you would like to see again!
I know everyone has been posting dark, dramatic makeup looks for fall (myself included), but I understand that the style isn’t for everyone. I wanted to create a more muted, everyday look with neutral colors that everyone can wear! Here is the look I created!
What I’m Wearing:
NYX Angel Veil Primer
BareMinerals BarePro Foundation in Aspen
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Fair
RCMA No Color Powder
Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Taupe
Benefit Hula bronzer
Wet n Wild Blush in Mellow Wine
ColourPop Highlight in Smokin’ Whistles
Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
NYC Liquid Liner
Marc Jacobs Liner Pencil
L’Oreal Infallible Lip Paint in Spicy Blush
Mario Badescu Facia Spray with Aloe, herbs, and Rosewater
Guess what? We got a puppy! Her name is Mila and she is around 6 months old. She is a mix between a black lab and a chow, although we mostly see the black lab in her.
We got her 7 weeks ago from a woman on Facebook who was giving her away. Actually, we got her on the first day of school, so that was very stressful for me – new kindergarteners and a new puppy all on the same day!
We started working on training her right away, since she was so young. her previous owners must have worked a little bit with her because she was house-trained fairly easily. She has also mastered sit and shake and goes right in her crate when it’s mealtime.
Speaking of mealtime she eats a cup of food twice a day (with lots of treats in between). We have been giving her the “I and love and you” dog food which you can find here. We like switching up the flavors when we buy a new bag, but she seems to love it all.
Thankfully, Mila has always slept through the night while she’s been with us. She enjoys sleeping at the end of the bed and occasionally she will be a little cuddly.
I also filmed a video for my YouTube channel so make sure you check that out! It includes a little more information on her including a vet update. I hope to be doing more updates on her as she grows!
I am constantly trying to grow my YouTube channel as well as my blog. As I result, I am trying to help my current subscribers and potential subscribers get to know me better. This was a fun tag that I found on a blog called rootreport. You can find it here! Some of the questions were different from typical questions I’ve seen in other tags, and it was fun to film! Enjoy learning a bit more about me!
After you check out my video, make sure to go to the original blog where I found this to find the questions!
I’m trying to get back into the swing of filming and blogging so I’ll begin with a seasonal look, since we’re all obsessed with autumn anyway. Enjoy!
Today’s post is a super fun one, because I get to do my sister’s makeup on camera! She loves makeup (although probably not as much as I do) and was excited to have her makeup done with some of the products that I have and she doesn’t. Enjoy this fun video, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and let me know any other fun tags!