The other weekend I got into a cleaning and organizing mood. Not only did I clean the entire apartment (here) but I did something that I’ve been meaning to do since we moved in in June. I organized the pantry. Yes. I did it. And it’s now pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
I tried to put everything that belonged together, like baking supplies, snacks, spices, etc. into their own separate space in the pantry so they could be found easily. I also threw out things that moved with either of us and had been opened already like chips.
So without further ado, here is my masterpiece.
I’m still hoping to put some of this into nice labeled jars, like the ones in the featured image, but that’s a job for another weekend! Hopefully, this gives you some inspiration for cleaning out an area of your home that really needs to be done. What area should I focus on next? The closet? The garage? Let me know!
Every weekend, my boyfriend and I try to clean our apartment. Both of us work all week, obviously, so the apartment can get a little messy.
We split up the jobs to be fair and we do our own cleaning whenever we want. I will admit, though, I do mine in the morning, and then I like to relax the rest of the day. He likes to do the opposite and it annoys me sometimes. I’m working on that though!
My Cleaning Jobs:
- Clean the bathroom (sink, counter, toilet, and shower occasionally)
My bf’s Cleaning Jobs:
- Floors (sweep, mop, and vacuum)
- Clean up the kitchen
This week I also did a deep clean and organization of the pantry. It really needed it and took me quite a while! I’m saving that for it’s own post next week!
Here are some before and after photos of the mess that is our apartment!
How do you guys divvy up the cleaning chores?
We moved into our new apartment about 5 months ago and just a few weekends ago we finally put up some of our wall decorations! For the most part, all this required was some wire and nails – we were just lazy for 5 months apparently. Here is what we have up so far, broken down by room.
Kitchen and Dining Area
Den and Stairs
What are some things that you have on your walls?
I know you don’t want to think about it, but before you know it, all the warm weather will be gone. I know, so sad! This is a list of 25 date ideas that will get you and your date outside to enjoy those last few wonderful days of summer.
- Take a drive in the car with the windows down and the music blasting.
- Go on a picnic.
- Have a bonfire (and don’t forget to roast s’mores).
- Play mini golf.
- Take a hike!
- Go to a happy hour outside.
- Bike on a bike trail.
- Go out for ice cream.
- Go someplace you’ve never been in your town and explore.
- Play water games (water balloons, squirt guns, slip n slide)
- Visit an amusement park.
- Find out if your local park has any evening activities such as a local band playing.
- Eat from a food truck.
- Go to the movies at a drive-in.
- Plant a garden (and continue to keep it alive).
- Watch the sunrise.
- Watch the sunset.
- Go boating.
- Get out the blankets and go stargazing.
- Play outdoor games (cornhole, frisbee kan jam).
- Go explore a farmer’s market.
- Go to a local baseball team’s game.
- Camp in your own backyard!
- Go berry picking.
- Draw with chalk on your sidewalk or driveway.
I’m always looking for more ideas for my boyfriend and I to do. I am home alone by myself all day so I love planning fun date activities for the evening. What are your date ideas?