I’ve had this blog for over a year (although I wish I was more active) and while I am by no means a professional blogger, I have picked up some tips and tricks along the way. This is a different post than what I normally do, let me know if you like this sort of thing!
This is a guide for someone who already has a blog (self-hosted or not) and is looking for ways to blog more or become more organized with their blogposts. I consider blogging to be a hobby of mine, it’s definitely not a job for me. However, I really do enjoy blogging just for fun!
If you’re like me and you like blogging as a fun hobby, then you probably are somewhat irregular with blog posts and/or your blog might be lacking a little jazz. I get in “moods” where I love blogging and making YouTube videos and then I might disappear for a few weeks. But that’s okay – I’m not really trying to make any money from this! You also might have posted a blog post or two that wasn’t “professional” looking and wished you could have done something better.
I can’t just write a blog post off the top of my head (usually). Even though I still consider myself a blogging beginner, I’ve developed a way to plan my blogposts so that when I do post, I am proud of the content I have created!
I’ve created this (FREE) blogpost planner that I use whenever I am writing a blogpost. It really helps me focus on what I’m trying to accomplish. This might seem like a lot of “work” for a hobby, but I actually enjoy the planning process – and I bet some of you out there do too!
If you’re a beginning blogger or a hobby blogger, check out this planner to organize your blog!
Download your blogpost planner here!
With 2017 coming to a close in just a few hours, I thought I would write my goals down for 2018 as a way to make myself more accountable. I’d also love to know what your goals are! Is 2018 going to be your year!? I hope so!
My Personal Goals:
- Work out more (the goal everyone else has) – This is not original by any means but I really would like to try to workout more. I’ve already started this by getting a skiing season pass. Let me tell you, I was SORE after my first night skiing! I would feel accomplished if I skied (or played kickball etc.) once a week, and then one other day of the week went to the gym or did an at-home workout.
- Spend less money on food – I got into a bad habit of eating out or ordering out this past year. Not only is this less healthy, but it’s become expensive. I could be saving more money or spending it on other things (makeup…).This is a goal that I’ll have to work on with my boyfriend as well.
My Blogging/YouTube Goals:
- Post one blog post a week for each of my three categories (life, beauty, and food). That’s 3 blog posts a week! I never even considered the fact that I could post once a week in each category until someone suggested it in a blogging group on Facebook. It seems so obvious! To help myself plan out my posts I will be using a planner that I created. It will be available for FREE on tomorrow’s post!
- Post a video on my YouTube channel (Here) once a week. I’m not going to restrict myself to a certain day of the week (for example every Monday) for posting, but I think that once a week is a goal I can accomplish.
My Usborne Books and More Goal:
- Host a party at least once a month. I don’t expect this to be a ludicrous side hustle and I’m not putting in enough work to make it one. However, I enjoy the books and the company and I like hosting parties so I will continue to make this a regular goal in 2018.
And that’s it! I think it’s important to be reasonable about the number of goals you set for yourself. Too many and you’ll just get overwhelmed. Too few and you won’t be motivated. This seems like a good amount for me and I am hopeful that I will reach these goals! What are your goals for 2018?