Making time to relax and unwind is important for everyone. Now that I’m on summer vacation, I have lots of time to relax, but it is also important to make time for this when work and life is crazy!
I’ve compiled a list of ideas and things that I do to relax. I’ve tried to include things from all seasons, but a lot of my ideas are still summer and good-weather related. Please use these ideas for yourself!
While I love working on my blog and getting myself prepared for school, I find that because I am working from home, I can’t leave my place of work and separate myself from it. Because of this, I have decided that my “work day” ends around 4:00 pm. I shut off my computer, check my email less, and sit and relax on the couch. I strongly recommend picking a time to be done with work if you also work from home. There are a number of activities that I then choose from to help myself relax and unwind!
- Read a book – I’m re-reading the Harry Potter series, and yes its just as good the hundredth time.
- Watch a movie – since movies are longer than tv shows, I prefer this when I am relaxing, but a tv show would suffice!
- Watch your favorite YouTubers – especially check out my channel!
- Have a glass of wine – chilled white wine is especially perfect for summer.
- Sit outside on your lawn or porch – put your feet up and just enjoy!
- Use a face mask – do this while reading outside!
- Draw or color – I love the adult coloring books.
- Write in a journal – I especially like to make “done” lists, things I’ve accomplished that day.
- Take a walk – I am dog sitting right now and I find it so relaxing to just walk around with him for a while.
- Take a shower or bath – a bath is clearly ideal but I only have a shower in my apartment.
- Listen to music – even if you wouldn’t consider it relaxing music.
Of course, there are lots of different ways for different people to relax and this is just a short list of ideas. Please leave more in the comments so everyone can relax and unwind!