In the past few months, I’ve been trying to mix up the foods I make since I make the same 5 meals over and over again. So, I try a new recipe every week (usually something I’ve found on Pinterest or another blog), try it out, and let you know how it goes! Check out these drink recipes to go along with your fried rice. This week I decided to try making some easy fried rice.
This post contains affiliate links which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you when you click on my links.
You will need:
- 2 cups of COOKED, COLD rice
- 2 eggs, fried
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup peas (can use frozen)
- 2-3 large carrots, cut (I used about 10 baby carrots and cut those up)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions for easy fried rice:
- Make ahead: rice (cold rice works best for this recipe) and fried eggs (also best cold)
- In a large saute pan, heat butter, onions, carrots, peas, salt, pepper, and garlic until veggies are soft – around 5 minutes.
- Add in cold rice and soy sauce.
- Heat until veggies and rice begin to brown, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add in fried eggs, mixing well.
- Eat and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe out and how it turns out! Share your favorite easy rice recipe in the comments!