This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Well it snowed here today. Whether we like it or not we are rapidly approaching the long, cold winter months. It can be hard to get out in the winter, and as a result, we go out and do less romantic things with our partners. I’ve created a list of easy winter date ideas so you can get out there – even in the winter!
Outdoor Date Ideas
If you’re a person who enjoys the cold (or at least can handle it), here are some ideas for outdoor dates!
- Go sledding or tubing
- Learn to ski or snowboard together
- Build a snowman
- Go for a hike (just wear your boots!)
- Build a cozy fire outside
- Find a recreational outdoor sport (we have winter kickball in our area)
- Help a neighbor by shoveling together
- Go ice skating
- See an ice sculpture
- Drive around and look at lights (my personal favorite!)
- Learn to snowshoe
- Go window shopping, especially in a small town
- Go to a football game
- Take some photos outside
- Have a snowball fight
- Find a Christmas tree
- Go to the zoo
- Go to a winery or brewery (not technically outside, but you have to leave your house)
- Find a winter festival
- Bundle up, cuddle up, sit outside, and watch the snow
Indoor Date Ideas
If you’d rather stay inside where it’s warm, I totally understand. Here are some date ideas for you!
- Dinner/lunch/breakfast date
- Join a book club
- Lasertron (or some other indoor sport)
- Movie marathon
- Cook something for each other
- Go to a movie or play
- Have a wine and cheese night (Find a great wine club here)
- Invite friends over for a game night
- Find a craft or DIY to do
- Try a food subscription service (This is sustainable one!)
- Go for a manicure or pedicure (yes guys can do this too!)
- Throw a holiday party
- Turn your TV to the fireplace channel
- Trivia night at a local bar
- Take a cooking class
- Go to a hockey game (it will still be cold, though)
- See a concert
- Visit a museum
- Have a spa night
- Go rollerskating
I’ve created a free list with all of my ideas on it. Print it, and hang it on your fridge for when you need date ideas! Get it HERE!
So, those are my 40 ideas for a winter date night- 20 for outdoor, 20 for indoor. I hope you can find a date that interests you! Can you think of any other winter date ideas to add to the list?
One thought on “40 Winter Date Ideas”
Love these ideas! Date nights can often get put on the back burner during the winter.