Since I’m in the winter mood (snow day please?) I thought I’d post my top 10 winter essentials. These are things that I use almost every single day during the winter to keep cozy. Enjoy!
- A Heated Blanket/Pad – Every night before I go to bed, I turn on my heated blanket on my bed so that when I crawl in it’s already warmed up for me. I hate getting into a cold bed so this is perfect! I also have a heating pad that I use on my lap in the living room.
- Candles – Lighting candles in the evening is so relaxing for me. I love the way they look and smell! I’ve found that the best candles for their price can be found at Target.
- Mini Heater – I love taking baths in the winter, but my bathroom isn’t heated and I used to freeze in the tub. Now I have a mini heater to use when I take baths to heat up the bathroom. It’s tiny, but definitely heats up the whole bathroom!
- Tea – In the winter, I usually drink at least one cup of tea a day. During the day I prefer teas like green tea and earl grey tea. At night, I’ll wind down with a cup of sleepytime peach tea.
- Pajamas – I love pajamas. Seriously, I am obsessed. I asked everyone to get me pajamas for Christmas and now I have so many cozy winter pajamas. Sometimes, I even put them on as soon as I get home from work!
- Body Butter – My skin gets so dry in the winter. I try to apply body butter or lotion to my entire body after every shower. Bonus if it’s a relaxing scent!
- Chapstick – I have a tube of chapstick with me pretty much at all times. At night for an added boost of moisture for my lips I’ll apply vaseline instead of chapstick.
- Boots – I have a lot of boots. Short boots, tall boots, boots for snow, boots for rain, boots when I’m feeling lazy. Boots are a staple for my entire winter wardrobe.
- Slippers – I wear slippers all the time when I am at home. My feet are super cold all the time and slippers really help! My mom actually knitted the pair I am currently wearing.
- House Plants – Looking outside and seeing brown grass and/or snow can be quite the downer during winter. I keep a few house plants just so that I have something green to look at once in a while. Some of them I even keep alive!
What are your winter essentials?